Contributors

Monday, September 29, 2008

A busy day

Hi. I stayed home today with a sick son, and it was hoppin' here. Chris was here, Tony the plumber was here, Pete the electrician was here, with helpers for the last two. So there was lots of bangin', sawin', and thumpin' going on most of the day.

Which is great; it's good to know that things are getting done. The soil stack for the new bathroom went in through a closet on the first floor; looks like the electrical outlets are partially in in the boys' room, and some more framing was done too. The bones of the bathroom are coming together, some pipes are in place.

We've been doing a lot of research and shopping around for things like floors and carpets and stuff. It can be quite confusing and overwhelming; sometimes I feel like I'm totally in over my head. I call that "a Sarah Palin moment." As in, "I was totally doing a Sarah Palin at the tile store."

But as our favorite Alaskan will tell you, there's nothing like learning on the fly.

No comments: