Contributors

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No New Tales to Tell

Or rather, no new pictures to post. So, today they finished the spray foam insulation and loaded all the drywall in through the front window via some scary looking scaffolding. I'm glad I wasn't here to see it and chew my fingernails off. The rigid board foam insulation was also loaded up there to be installed, and 1/2 of the tile we selected was picked up too. Last week Chris picked up the hard wood flooring, which sits in our garage. I'm told the area was measured for carpet on the stairs, hallway, and boys' room too. So I guess there is a lot going on, just no visuals to go with it.
I've been thinking a lot lately about how we are walk-under-ladders lucky that we got our Home Equity Line of Credit when we did - we had to take 95% loan-to-value - but that is at the value of our home as it stood before the remodel. (With adding on 2 BR and a bath, we certainly increase the value of our home.) I don't think we would have been able to get that high of LTV now in this credit-frozen market. If we had gone a different way with a construction loan, and tried to use cash from the future potential value of our house, we may have ended up in an even worse situation, given the decline of values on homes (though our neighborhood has remained relatively stable). All in all, I am so glad we pulled the trigger when we did. And not just because we're tripping over toy-clutter in the living room...

No comments: